Oregairu vol 1

 This post just contains my favorite parts of Oregairu light novel. The anime finished this year and I was interested in reading the light novel. I also read the manga but it's not finished yet, so I started reading the light novel. 

    I am also interested in the psychology of the characters and I will be doing a character dissection of the characters but that will be for another post. Here we go, 

  • If failure could be seen as proof of one's youth, wouldn't it be strange not to consider those who fail to make friends as experiencing the height of their youth? Of course, they wouldn't acknowledge it.
  • "Well, I-I'll have you known that I live by the virtue of impartiality, and as such, am unable to have particular intimate relationships with people!"      
           - "In other words, you don't have any(friends), right?"

           - "W-well, basically..."'
  • Is she going to talk about how I'm that "one rotten apple that spoils the barrel", soon?
  • From an outsider's perspective, it looks like their actors in a youth drama trying their best to play their respective roles. The thought can only make me shudder. In such a drama, I'd probably play the role of a 'tree'  or something. 
  • Lose the battle to lose the war. I'll do anything to protect my pride so I don't need things like popularity. 
  • " .. What are you saying? If you don't change, you'll be at a level that'll make living in society difficult." Yukinoshita looked at me as if her argument was as justified as saying 'War is fruitless. Lay down your arms'. " It appears that your humanity is severely inferior to that of others. Don't you want to change that part of yourself?"
  • By changing, in the end I'd be changing in order to run away from the problem. So who's running away from the problem now? If I really wasn't running away from the problem, I wouldn't change and just stay right where I am. Why can't you just accept my past and the way am I now?
  • Well, it's not like the world is full of sunshine and daisies. If society was only shaped by the view that one must be happy-go-lucky all the time, Hollywood wouldn't make tear-jerking movies, would they? One can find pleasure in tragedies. 
  • Honestly, to somebody with love problems, all you need to say is, 'Don't give up! It'll definitely go well!' And if it doesn't go well, then all you need to say is, 'That guy is serious, like, the biggest jerk ever!'.
  • "Please rid yourself of that idea. Those who do not exert the least amount of effort are unqualified to envy the talented. Those who can not succeed are unable to because they can not imagine the painstaking accumulation of hard work by those who do". Yukinoshita's words were bitter. They were so undeniably true that there was no room for rebuttal.
  • Please stop trying to conform to those around you... It's terribly unpleasant. Isn't it embarrassing to place the blame for your lack of ability, your clumsiness, and your foolishness on others?
  • Society, you included, is much harsh to me...You should at least let me be nice to myself. In fact, I think everyone should treat themselves more gently. If everybody is hopeless, then there's no such thing as a hopeless person.
  • She contradicted herself in just one single sentence. - Hiki to Miura
  • I guess that when you got used to insults and abuse being flung your way, you got good at retorting or dealing with it.
  • If he was willing to change just because someone rejected his ideas than his dreams were not worthwhile and he was lying to himself. 
  • Checking on someone, trying to make people feel better, making sure you never fell out of touch, sympathizing with them, and then, by those means, finally getting closer to someone... That kind of "friendship" wasn't friendship at all. If such annoying things were what people called "youth", then I was completely fine without it. 
  • If I could be saved by that kind of cheap sympathy, then I wouldn't need saving to begin with. If my problems just required a few kind words, then I wouldn't really have problems. 
  • But I would not reject who I am or who I was. I would never believe that solitude was a sin or was somehow wrong.
  • There was no reason for me to lose to people who had depended on a throng of other people every step of the way.
  • You should realize that sometimes your honest feelings can hurt people more than words filled with ill will.
  •  
Sorry for poor production quality. Will definitely improve next time. 
Peace.
























  

Comments